Dear PGMLA Members, On Feb.5, 2021, the Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Office (PHO) addressed the current COVID-19 restrictions and announced these restrictions will be extended without a specific deadline date.
We are continuing to actively plan for the 2021 box lacrosse season and are excited to continue the tradition of minor box lacrosse in Prince George. We are currently in the process of creating contingency plans to address potential changes in ViaSport restrictions, and ensure that all our players can play lacrosse in a safe environment.
Registration will open March 18th through our website www.pgposselax.com . Due to the limited floor space available, we have decided to limit the number of players in each division to 48. If a division reaches the max, names can be added to a waitlist and additional teams may be created based on enrolment and club discretion.
As the COVID-19 situation continues, we will adapt to the PHO restrictions with direction from ViaSport. Since the recent announcement did not include any updates to the restrictions related to sports, this means that the following key items remain in place:
• Lacrosse activities (practices) can occur as per the BCLA Return to Lacrosse Phase 2 Guidelines reverting to Skills & Drills training ONLY.
• Individuals can travel to their home club for the purpose of sport, while following all restrictions in the current public health order; however, individuals should not carpool with other participants who are not in their household.
• Participants can only travel to their home club/association.
• Games and tournaments are temporarily suspended.
• Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another and do not engage in handshaking, high fives, hugging, etc.
RETURN TO PLAY – PHASED APPROACH
o A safe return to Lacrosse will take place in phases that align with public health authorities and ViaSport BC Guidelines regarding the safe resumption of activity.
o As public health guidance directs, we may move between phases. Increasing restrictions may be required in response to fluctuating numbers of COVID-19 cases in the region/province. See https://www.viasport.ca/